Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Pecan Spice Cookies

"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pumpkin Coffee, Christmas Music, and cookies baking.  It's feeling so cheery in this kitchen.  I started my Thanksgiving baking a little bit early.  I have never tried this recipe before today, but these cookies are so stinkin' good I thought I'd pass the recipe along in case you want to whip up a quick batch along with the rest of your goodies. Pumpkin Pie lovers beware: these are highly addictive.  I did not add glaze to the top of my cookies, but you certainly could if you like.  

Pumpkin Pecan Spice Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2
cups packed light brown sugar
1/2
cup butter or margarine, softened (I used Crisco Butter Flavored baking Sticks)
2
eggs
1/2
cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
3
teaspoons vanilla
2 3/4
cups Self Rising flour
1
teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/2
teaspoon ground ginger
1/4
teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8
teaspoon ground allspice
1/8
teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/3
cups finely chopped pecans
  • Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
  • 1In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in flour and spices. Stir in pecans and baking chips. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
  • 2Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
  • 3Enjoy, share, repeat.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment