Bob and Caroline Scott of the Louisville Athletic Club stopped by the studio this morning to explain how juicing fruits and veggies is different from just eating them, and if it is beneficial.
1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
Juicing is an easy way to provide yourself with a high level of quality nutrition. There are 3 main reasons why it is so beneficial:
- Juice requires very little digestion, so all the nutrition enters quickly into your system.
- When you juice, you use more fruits and veggies than you could actually eat. So you are drinking a densely packed amount of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
- Juicing aids in detoxification of the liver which removes toxins from the body.
Just remember, it's best to juice organic fruits and veggies to avoid any harmful chemicals or pesticides. Always wash your produce before juicing as well.
Other Juicing Benefits include:
- Improved cardiovascular system and heart health
- Alkalizing your system. This helps your body become less acidic and toxic.
- Helps with healthy skin, hair, nails, and eyes.
- Increases your energy levels.
- Rebuilds your blood cells.
- Improves your immune system.
There are many brands of juicers available, just do your research and choose one that works for you.
For these and other great tips, check out Caroline's Blog, carolinescott.org