"Bob and I eat nuts on a daily basis, including almonds and pistachios as well as walnuts and the reason for this is because of all the amazing health benefits they have. So here are a few of the reasons you need to add nuts to your daily diet.
- They are great for your cholesterol levels: The important plant sterols and other good fats found in nuts have been shown to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol and raise your HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
- Reduce the risk of blood clots: Eating nuts has also been shown to improve the health of your arteries and decrease the risks for developing the blood clots that can cause a fatal heart attack.
- Prevent erratic heart rhythms: The unsaturated fatty acids found in nuts, especially the high level of omega-3 in walnuts, have been shown to help prevent the development of erratic heart rhythms." - Caroline Scott of the Louisville Athletic Club
More Health Benefits from Bob Scott of LAC:
- Improve the health of artery walls: Nuts are rich in the natural amino acids, which also helps reduce blood clots and improve artery walls making them more flexible and easing blood flow.
- Lower death risk from heart attacks: Most nuts contain Vitamin E, potassium, fiber, protein, and essential fatty acids, including omega-3s all of which reduce your risk of having a heart attack.
- Convenient: Nuts are also great because they are convenient and filling. Try to consume them in their raw condition whenever possible (Not cooked and covered with sugar or salt).
For more great health and fitness tips: visit Caroline's Blog at carolinescott.org
Motivation for Mon Fitness: Berries (7/16)
Motivation for Mon Fitness: Eggs (7/9)