Monday Fitness Tip:
Continuing with the series on Bob and Caroline Scott's favorite healthy foods, another food that they eat daily and recommend for good health is eggs.
"So today we want to talk about eggs, and as we all know, eggs come from 'living, moving' creatures created by God so they are indeed intended to be food for us. Eggs are known as a perfect food or perfect protein and contain a huge number of benefits. They make a great convenience food by simply boiling them, and they are low in cost. Some of the wonderful benefits of eggs are:
- Eggs are great for your eyes and can prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Eggs can help prevent blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks.
- The yolks are an excellent source of choline which helps regulate the nervous and cardiovascular systems." - Caroline Scott, Louisville Athletic Club
More Egg Benefits from Bob Scott
- They contain very important and essential fatty acids (the good fats.)
- New research shows that, contrary to previous belief, eggs do not have a negative impact on cholesterol. In fact recent studies have shown that regular consumption of two eggs per day does not affect a person's lipid profile and may, in fact, improve it. Research suggests that it is saturated fat that raises cholesterol rather than dietary cholesterol.
- Eggs are one of the ONLY foods that contain naturally occurring Vitamin D.
- Eggs help prevent breast cancer.
- Eggs promote healthy hair and nails.
- We recommend eating the yolks and eating 1-2 whole eggs daily. Boiling them is the best way to prepare and eat them.