Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Overthinking and Some Really Cute Photos: Highlights from this Morning's Show

 


Battle of Overthinking:
Something I mentioned this morning is that one thing I find really cool about God, is that He will surround you with people who are strong in areas that you aren't yet.  He's definitely done this in my life in my family, friendships, and at my job. For me, one of those weak areas is Overthinking.  I know that overthinking seems like it would be a good thing, but it can be counterproductive.   It has the potential of being a huge hindrance to one's goals and faith walk.  Typically God doesn't always show us the entire picture; we get little puzzle piece sized snippets of His plan along the way.  I think the main reason is that He wants to build in us a greater faith in Him.  If that's something you are dealing with, a great tip is to redirect your attention back to what God says in the Bible and hold on to those promises.



I found this link showing images of this adorable photo book for new moms.  Adele Enerson used her daughter's naptime to create an adorable storybook world and ultimately this uber cute book.   It's so cute I had to post a few pictures.  You can view the entire article by clicking on this link.  Enjoy the cuteness!


       



Seriously, don't worry!
This morning I shared a portion of a devotion I was reading out of the "Love out Loud" devotional.  It said, "When you find yourself in the midst of a battle...remember that every round you fight produces  valuable experience and strength.  Every time you endure an attack, you become stronger.  Loving God means trusting Him in every situation..."  If you let it, situations that arise in life will still your joy and rob your peace.  The entire tactic of the enemy is to keep you out of the presence of God.  So don't let worry keep you from walking in faith.  Worship God and find time to pray and spend in His word.  You will find peace in His presence.


Birthday Wishes:
We celebrated some very special birthdays this week!
88.5 WJIE turned 24 years old on January 1st.  Thanks for listening for the past 24 years.  We appreciate you.
Also, afternoon host Chris Crain celebrated his birthday yesterday.  If you would like to wish him a happy birthday, visit the 88.5 WJIE Facebook page today.

No comments:

Post a Comment