Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day: Morning Show Highlights

We remember, and 
we Thank you.
Thank you to all of the veterans and active soldiers who have sacrificed so much for the protection of this nation.  As you go throughout the holiday, remember to pray for our soldiers and their families; and if you are given the opportunity, say thanks.




Sunscreen Tip Recap:
Just a reminder, don't forget to use sunscreen of at least 15 SPF, and reapply sunscreen every 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  The sun is hottest between 10 am - 4 pm.  Take frequent breaks, and drink lots of water.  If you are currently using a prescription, check with your doc or pharmacist.  Some prescriptions can react with the sun.  Here's a link to a previous post with info about why not to use spray sunscreens or SPFs of 50+

Hello Sunshine: Sunscreen Safety


Water Safety:
This morning I mentioned that the YMCA offers affordable classes for new swimmers or anyone wanting to brush up on their swimming skills.

Here's the link: {Click Here}




Grilling Tips:
I forgot to post the grilling tips Saturday so I'll post both links today.  They are both from Real Simple.

Saturday I mentioned an article called, "How to Grill Anything" which has some great tips on grilling everything from fruits and veggies to all varieties of meat.  I think it's worth a read even for proficient grillers.

Today I mentioned "Tips to Grilling a perfect burger" from Real Simple and "Best Burger Recipes" from Food Network.





Peach Popsicle Breakfast:
It's Memorial Day.  It's blazing hot already, and all I can think about is peach Popsicles, because that's totally not a weird breakfast.  :)  Albeit, Peach Ice Cream sounds amazing too.  I found these recipes this a.m.  So I thought I'd share.  Enjoy!





Chunky Peach Popsicles (only 33 calories a piece - Score!)
Peach Ice Cream



No comments:

Post a Comment